The first step of your career journey is to know yourself. Because being aware of your personal difficulties and abilities is the most important factor that will affect you to make the right career choices. Here are some tips for getting to know yourself:
- Getting to know yourself starts with understanding your interests, skills, values and passions; this is the basis for determining which profession will make you happy and in which profession you will be successful.
- It is important to know your strengths and weaknesses in order to achieve career goals. In this way, you can focus on success by using your strengths and work to improve your weaknesses.
- Understanding personality traits is also important in a career journey. For example, are you prone to teamwork or do you prefer to work independently? This will help you find the suitable work environment and determine the suitable job position.
- As part of self-knowledge, it's important to evaluate your abilities and skills. You can use these assessments to determine which areas you excel at and what skills you need to develop.
- By reviewing relevant experience and education, you can better understand your professional interests and determine what kind of career you want to aim for in that field.
- To achieve career goals, it is important to choose a work environment that aligns with your personal values. A job that does not align with your values can lead to unhappiness and dissatisfaction in the long run.
- Self-knowledge helps in the decision-making process as well as making the right career plan. Using your instincts and intuition, you can choose a career that really excites you.
- Knowing yourself is only the beginning of your career journey. You can change over time and discover new interests. Constantly evaluating and updating yourself is important to ensure you succeed in your career journey. Remember that knowing yourself will bring you more self-confidence, motivation and satisfaction.
As a result, self-knowledge is a long process, patience and perseverance are required. You can benefit from the experiences you have gained from your internships, club activities and social responsibility projects during this long period. You can also apply for psychology tests as another way to know your personality traits and learn your character. You can access the "16 Personalities Personality Tests", one of the most valid tests today, from the link below.
Stay with yourself.