Tips for creating a good resume
Remember that your resume is your first opportunity to communicate your skills and experience to your future employer. Your resume is a small summary of who you are, your skills, educational background, work experiences, and other achievements.
- Present your experiences clearly, highlight your skills and experience that are relevant to the job you are applying for. Pay attention to the details shared in the job posting.
- Customize your resume according to the job you are applying for, be sure to update the 'About Me' section to indicate that you are the best candidate for the job you are applying for. Don't go into unnecessary details by talking about your entire past. It will be enough to mention your qualifications and main points that fit the job you want to apply for.
- Prepare an easy-to-read resume.
- Make sure your resume is easy to read. Use clear and simple language. Use strong actions (e.g. 'managed', 'developed', 'increased').
- Use reverse chronological order. Rank your experiences so that your most recent experience is always at the top. If there are long gaps during your working life or education, add a description.
- Do not neglect the review and the finishing touches. Check for spelling and grammar mistakes, provide a professional email address, and attach a professional photo of you.
If you can send your CV, which you have prepared by paying attention to the above-mentioned items, to Kariyer@ihu.edu.tr, we will be happy to assist you in checking and improving it.
Click here to view our catalog with detailed information about CV preparation.
You can also review the sample CV below.